Call for Japan IMF Scholarship Programme 2019-2020 application registration, interested and eligible candidates can apply before deadline at http://www.imf.org..
The Japan-IMF Scholarship Program is a two-year program provides scholarship to all the students of Japan who are interested in pursuing Ph.D. degrees in macroeconomics and later assist them to work as economists at the International Monetary Fund, the scholarship is funded by the government of Japan and administered by the IMF’s Capacity Development along with assistance from the Institute of International Education, the organisation provides up to seven scholarships on the basis of academic achievements, all JISP scholars are required to apply to the IMF’s Economist Program upon completion of their doctoral studies and to accept an economist program position if it is offered by the university.
The award is given to the selected students who are interested in pursuing Ph.D. degrees in macroeconomics and later assist them to work as economists at the International Monetary Fund, Number of scholarships is up to seven.
Value of award:
The value of the scholarship includes full university tuition and fees, Medical insurance,annual book allowance and monthly living allowance,selected travel expenses and,paid summer internship.
Eligibility Criteria for Japan IMF Scholarship Programme 2019-2020
The following are the criteria that the contesting candidate should posses to apply for Japan/IMF Scholarship Programme, Scholarships are awarded in the spring, for studies starting in the fall of that same year, Candidates must apply directly to universities for admission.
- Candidates who are JISP scholars must continue an approved course of study and maintain high academic standards, with good score in all tests provided by University.
- Scholars usually complete the majority of the course work in the first two years of Ph.D by submitting reminder of studies in dissertation.
- Dissertation subjects should focus on macroeconomics and topics relevant to the work of the IMF, such as: public finance, monetary economics.
No age limit is prescribed in the application form candidates should go through the notification before applying.
The students all around the world with all eligible criteria are eligible to apply for the scholarship. No nationality restriction.
Application procedure to apply for Japan IMF Scholarship Programme 2019-2020:
The following are the required criteria to apply for:
- A personal statement focusing on the applicants background.
- A certificate of copy for prior studies up to graduation
- GRE and TOEFL or IELTS scores
- A copy of one application to a Ph.D. program
- Two reference letters.
Application form is to be submitted along with the documents mentioned above through e-mail through official website to the Registrar’s Department.
Application deadline: Expected
Mostly online applications service closed in the month of January, 2019 for further information please visit http://www.imf.org/external/oap/schol.htm.