Indian Council for Cultural Relationships (ICCR) inviting Common Wealth Scholarship 2020 Applications for Under Graduate, Masters, Ph.D. courses in UK. Applicants eligible for the scholarships can apply at http://www.iccr.gov.in…
The Commonwealth Scholarship Scheme was offering scholarships to implement the policy of the Commonwealth countries to contribute together in providing high-level education and training by sharing their resources and facilities.
The ICCR’s Commonwealth Scholarship Scheme is for the nationals of Commonwealth countries to enable them to pursue undergraduate, post-graduate, doctoral and other research courses in Indian Universities in general courses (except medicine and dentistry).Under this scheme, at present, the Council offers scholarships to the nationals of the following countries Bangladesh, Canada, Guyana, Maldives, New Zealand, Sri Lanka and the United Kingdom.
Common Wealth Scholarship 2020 – Eligibility Conditions
Applicant should be a citizen of Canada. Coming to the educational qualifications candidate should hold the prerequisite degrees for the proposed program of study at the time of submitting an application along with that candidate must pass an English examination, be able to undertake courses taught in English. Applicant must not be already registered at a university in India and must engage in full-time studies or research at a university.
- Reference from atleast 2 individuals
- PhD candidates only, supporting statement from a proposed supervisor in the UK from at least one of the institutions named on your application form
- ICCR Application form
- Study plan
- Official transcripts
- Certified copies of degree diplomas
- Certificates of Physical fitness
- Letters of Recommendation
- Proof of Canadian citizenship
- TOEFL or GRE or GMAT score card
Application Process for ICCR Scholarship 2020
Candidate should apply for any one of the nominating bodies. Applicant should follow below 2 steps to complete the Common Wealth Scholarship 2020 application process.
- Applicants must first complete and submit the online application form of the Department of Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development (DFATD) available on this site and provide the supporting documents as requested. This application will be used in the pre-selection process and can be submitted in French or in English.
- Applicants must complete the Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR) application form and certificate of physical fitness as well as an application package submitted by mail. Certified copies of translations of documents which are not submitted in English must be included with original documents.
Terms & Conditions
- scholars, as well as their spouse and dependents, when relevant, must meet all of the requirements for entry into India, including a medical examination;
- scholars will be required to sign an undertaking to return to Canada upon completion of the scholarship;
- scholars must submit their vacation requests for pre-approval. It is important to note that scholarship funding will be suspended during this period and that the scholar will be responsible for all vacation-related expenses;
- scholars must be able to commence their study in India by September 2017 with limited notice of receipt of the scholarship, usually three weeks;
- scholars will be expected to reside in India throughout the scholarship and to seek prior approval for any proposed visits abroad;
- scholars must follow the approved course of study and abide by the rules of the host institution;
- scholars will not be permitted to change the course plan, institution or the value of their scholarship award;
- scholars in the sciences will not be reimbursed for any expenditures of laboratory chemicals and other incidental charges;
- scholars are mandated to stay in hostel facilities provided by the institution throughout the duration of their program;
- scholars may not undertake paid employment during their scholarship nor serve on the staff of the Canadian High Commission or Consulate in India;
- a scholarship may be terminated at any time for reasons such as a scholar’s unsatisfactory progress, conduct or a breach of the conditions of the award; and
- scholars who terminate their studies or research during the scholarship period will not receive return airfare and will be required to repay the scholarship.
Eligible candidates can apply before February 2020, for complete details please visit official website of Common Wealth Scholarship 2020 at http://iccr.gov.in.