York University’s International Student Scholarship Application 2019 for Undergraduates in Gabon and Other Developing Countries, application registration at https://secure.students.yorku.ca…
The York University has invited the International Student Scholarship 2019 Application registration for Undergraduate students in Gabon and Other Developing Countries, and the application registration closed on 15th February 2019 respectively, all the eligible and interested candidates can apply before the deadline for registering an application form about York University’s International Student Scholarship 2019, the program of scholarship is an effort to give a chance to the deserving candidates for making a mark in this world.
York University’s International Student Scholarship Applicable fields
The scholarship is not applicable for every field of study. Here are the ones in which the students can apply.
- Performance & Design
- Lassonde School of Engineering
- Liberal Arts & Professional Studies
- Environmental Studies
- Schulich School of Business
What does it cover?
There are 2 different scholarships..
Global Leader of Tomorrow Award
- The amount is $80,000 – ($20,000 x 4 years)
- Student requires highest academic average
- The applicant should have leadership and demonstrated skills
- In order to renew the student need to a high academic standing (7.80 on a 9-point York scale) for each academic year
- Available international scholarships are also covered by submitting an application
International Entrance Scholarship
- $140,000 – ($35,000 x 4 years) is the amount that is covered under this program
- The applicant needs to showcase highest academic average
- It is essential that the applicant has proper leadership skill
- There is requirement for the letters of recommendation
- 80 on a 9-point York scale needs to be maintained by the selected applicant in order to renew the grant at each academic year
Number of Scholarships under York University’s International Student Scholarship
There is no set number that is determined under this program. Also, any eligible applicant can apply from anywhere in the world. However, they need to obtain an international study permit in Canada.
Understanding the eligibility
What is the metrics that will make someone eligible for application? Here is a brief for you.
- Showcasing and possessing an excellent academic record. She or he must have an average of “A” or equivalent
- demonstrated leadership through community service
- excellence in the arts, sports or other areas of individual achievement
- Directly applying after completion of high school
- No previous university or college studies and no more than 2 years after graduation
The process of application for York University’s International Student (YELT) Scholarship 2019
To apply for the course you need to visit https://secure.students.yorku.ca/international-scholarship-application. While filling the form it is essential that you check all the boxes. Also, make sure to enter your York School Reference Number properly.
Things included in the application
What are the things that make up the application kit? Here are those in details.
- A detailed essay about your goals, ambitions, and reasons for applying for York’s scholarship program. The maximum numbers of words are 500.
- A statement of 250 words outlining your financial need
- A nomination letter from your school
- One letter of reference
- A well-documented list of community involvement, activities, honors, and awards. The list should include the start date/end date of the activity, number of hours, name of the organization/school and other relevant details
- Financial Declaration Form
Important Date of Closing YELT Scholarship 2019
The last date for application or the closing date is set at 15th February, and there is no possible to submit the York University’s International Student Scholarship 2019 application after dedline, and apply through online at https://secure.students.yorku.ca/international-scholarship-application
YELT Mail Registration forum at https://futurestudents.yorku.ca/sites/all/files/pdfs/yelt-registration.pdf