Ayn Rand Institute calling International students to participate in Essay Contest 2018-2019, contestants who are eligible for the essay contest can apply on or before deadline at https://www.aynrand.org…
Ayn Rand Institute inviting 8th, 9th, 10th grade students to Essay contest, Essay contest is open to International students, ARI has held worldwide essay contests for students on Ayn Rand’s fiction for thirty years, this year we will award over 750 prizes totaling more than $130,000. Ayn Rand offer an array of educational programs to enable students at all levels of knowledge to learn about Ayn Rand’s philosophy and novels.
- 1st Prize worth of $2,000 – 1Winner
- 2nd Prize worth of $500 – 5 Winners
- 3rd Prize worth of $200 – 10 Winners
- Finalists worth of $50 – 45 Winners
- Semi Finalists worth of $30 – 175 Winners
Eligibility Criteria for Ayn Rand Institute Essay Contest 2018-2019
Essay contest is open to all international students except where void or prohibited by law, Essays must be written in English only, Entrant must be in the 8th, 9th or 10th grade.
Topics for Essay Contest
Select any one of the following topics for Essay contest
- Anthem depicts a world of the future, a collectivist dictatorship in which even the word “I” has vanished. Discuss the hero’s struggle to free himself from collectivism. What makes his victory possible? In your essay, consider what Ayn Rand has to say in the excerpt titled “The Soul of an Individualist” from her novel The Fountainhead.
- In Anthem, the City has numerous rules and controls. Why do these exist? What is their purpose? Do you think the society that Equality envisions creating at the end of the story would include any of these rules and controls? Explain why or why not.
- Contrast Equality’s view of morality at the end of the novel to the morality exemplified by his society’s institutions, practices and officials. In your essay, consider what Ayn Rand has to say in these excerpts from her writings.
How to Submit Essays to Contest 2018-2019
Applicants who are submitting essays through e-mail can send to email@example.com. Students who are submitting essays by post can send to following Address. Duplicate essays will not be accepted.
Anthem Essay Contest
The Ayn Rand Institute
P.O Box 57044
Irvine, CA 92619-7044
Essay Contest Selection Criteria 2018-2019
Essays will be judged on whether the understudy can contend for and legitimize his or her view—not on whether the Institute concurs with the view the understudy communicates. Judges will search for composing that is clear, explain and intelligently sorted out. Winning essays must show a remarkable handle of the thoughtful importance of Anthem.
Application Deadline: Expected
As per previous reports the contest application registration deadline is May 1st 2018 respectively, for more and complete details get at https://www.aynrand.org/students/essay-contests#submit