Westpac Future Leader Scholarship inviting applications for research or coursework studies at graduate level. Applicable candidates can register for Scholarships at http://bicentennial.westpacgroup.com.au…..
The Westpac Future Leader Scholarship 2019 program is an initiative of Bicentennial Foundation and was established with the aim of educating and advancing Australians, the Westpac Bicentennial Foundation believes investing in Australia’s future leaders through education and support is the primary way our country will thrive in the next century. The Westpac Foundation supports 100 scholars a year, forever, across the five scholarship programs: Asian Exchange, Young Technologists, Social Change, Future Leaders, and the Research Fellowship.
Applicants who are focusing on Asia’s new technology or social change Westpac Bicentennial Scholarship program offering postgraduate study for talented individuals at Australia’s leading universities. Scholars will be exceptional people, chosen for their potential to make a difference to Australia’s future in one of our three focus areas.
- Technology and innovation
- Strengthening Australia-Asia ties
- Enabling positive social change
Award Value: $120,000 over 2-3 years, scholarships will be awarded annually for research or coursework studies at graduate level.
Eligible Applicants for Westpac Scholarship 2019
Westpac Scholarship 2019 is eligible for the countries to include Cook Islands, Fiji, Kiribati, Marshalls Islands, Nauru, Niue, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tokelau, Tonga, Tuvalu, and Vanuatu. Applicants who are having following criteria will be eligible for the Westpac Future Leader Scholarship 2019.
- Applicant should be Australian Citizen or Permanent resident and must pursue under Graduate degree with an achieved average result of H1 or H2A (or equivalent – typically a minimum of 75%)
- Candidate need to choose full-time master’s by coursework research or a Ph.D. at a Participating University
- Ph.D. and Masters by research applicants only, a Letter of Support is required from your university from the Dean of the Faculty or Head of School or equivalent and your proposed area of research must be in a field of research at a Participating University with an Excellence in Research for Australia (ERA) four-digit Field of Research (FOR) rating of “well above world standard”. Exceptions to this will be considered for FOR ERA rating of “above world standard”, provided the University Letter of Support accompanying your application comments on why the area of research should be considered and is above world standing.
- Your proposed program of study must include international opportunities which will develop your leadership skills and global networks, such as; study tours for the purpose of research, attending a short course or conference, an internship or volunteering
Supporting Documents to apply for Westpac Future Leader Scholarship 2019
- Candidate CV
- Certified copy of all university academic transcripts
- Academic reference and personal reference are required using the reference template which will be available on Westpac Bicentennial website
Westpac Future Leader Scholarship 2019 – Application Process
Applicants make a note that candidate may apply up to two times for the Westpac Future Leaders Scholarship 2019 program. All applications must be submitted through Westpac Bicentennial Foundation’s online application system. Candidate must supply 2 letters of reference one for academic reference and other for personal reference. Candidate must attend the National Assessment Center in person in Sydney for application progress to the final stage. If successful, you must attend the Leadership Development Program Sydney Residential, and the Westpac Scholars’ Summit, April 2019, both held in Sydney.
Selection Process of Westpac Future Leader Scholarship 2019
The selection process for the scholarship consists of 5 stages. 5 stages of the scholarship process will be mentioned below.
- Shortlisting of Candidates
- Online assessment
- University Shortlisting
- National Assessment Center
The Application registration available up to June 2019 respectively, for more and complete details please visit http://bicentennial.westpacgroup.com.au/scholarships/future-leaders/