ELS and the United Nations Academic Impact are pleased to announce fourth Many Languages, One World® Student Essay Contest and Global Youth Forum, eligible applicants can apply before deadline at https://www.manylanguagesoneworld.org…
ELS and the United Nations Academic Impact sponsoring fourth many Languages, One World® Student Essay Contest and Global Youth Forum in USA. This year welcomes Northeastern University as the host of the Many Languages, One World Global Youth Forum and the sponsor and organizer of the Northeastern University Global Youth Conference.
Essay Contest Award Details
Totally 60 winners are selected from all contestants.
Essays of up to 2,000 words in length must be written in one of the six official languages of the United Nations-Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian or Spanish.
- The essay must be written in a language you have learned, or are currently learning, after completing your secondary school studies.
- The essay can be written in a language that you learned as a subject during your pre-university schooling, at a language institute, or at university.
- The essay cannot be written in your first language, or a language you speak at home, or grew up speaking.
- If you attended bilingual primary and/or secondary schools, your essay cannot be written in those languages of instruction.
- If you attended a half-year to year-long school or government sponsored exchange program where one of the 6 languages was spoken, your essay cannot be written in that language.
In order to participate, a faculty member or authorized representative of your college or university is required to complete and submit a referral form attesting that:
- You are a current full-time student at the institution, in good standing,
- Your essay was written in accordance with the Language Eligibility rules above,
- The essay is your original, unaided work.
Application Process of Many Languages, One World Student Essay Contest and Global Youth Forum in USA 2019-2020
Applicants should complete entry form and upload essay, Applicant should prepare an original essay (2,000 words or fewer) discussing global citizenship and cultural understanding, and the role that multilingual ability can play in fostering these. The essay should reflect your personal, academic, cultural and national context.
Application Deadline: Expected
March 2019 is the expected schedule for deadline of application form registration, for complete details visit official website before submission of application, at https://www.manylanguagesoneworld.org/.