The Regional Universities Forum for Capacity Building in Agriculture (RUFORUM) is pleased to announce the fifth round of PhD scholarships through the German Academic Exchange Services (DAAD) funding support, eligible students can apply before deadline at http://www.ruforum.org…
Applications are inviting for DAAD-RUFORUM In-Country/In-Region Doctoral Scholarships for PhD scholars, Scholarships is open to African students, These scholarships are targeting both in-country/in-region (sub-Saharan Africa) applicants to support selected RUFORUM regional PhD Programmes in the Eastern and Central Africa (ECA), DAAD promotes international academic exchange as well as educational cooperation with developing countries through various funding and scholarship programmes.
Field of Study:
- PhD in Life Sciences at Nelson Mandela African Institution of Sciences and Technology – Tanzania ( 2 in-region)
- PhD in Food Science and Nutrition at Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology – Kenya (1 in-region & 1 in-country)
- PhD in Plant Breeding & Biotechnology – Makerere University, Uganda(1 in-region & 1 incountry);
- PhD Agricultural and Rural Innovations at Makerere University, Uganda (1 in-region & 1 incountry)
List of Eligible Countries: Ethiopia, Kenya, Namibia, South Africa, Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda and Zimbabwe
Total No.of Scholarships: 8 Scholarships will be awarded to the selected students. Scholarship will be applicable for a period of 3 years for selected students.
Eligibility Criteria for DAAD-RUFORUM In-Country/In-Region Doctoral Scholarships 2019-2020 Applicant should be from Sub Saharan Africa countries, Applicant should hold Master Degree from any accredited university, Applicants who are pursuing PhD Doctoral courses in the above fields are eligible to the scholarship.
- Certified copies of all university degree certificates
- Certified copies of all university transcripts
- At least temporary admission letter including fee structure of respective course (original or certified copy only), or an official letter assuring admission
- A Ph.D. research proposal (which must demonstrate relevance to development (the sections should include research area (background, rationale, objectives of the proposed research, proposed Methodology, and expected Results) and a detailed work plan (10 to 15 pages); plagiarism will be checked by DAAD!
- An abstract of the proposal on one page (please include name and title of proposal)
- A recommendation letter by head of department indicating that you are a member or prospective member of staff and how you will be integrated into the staff development agenda of the university.
- Confirmation of study leave from your university (if applicable)
- Confirmation of teaching release (university staff members only)
- A letter from the applicant confirming availability to start PhD studies in September at the host university
Application Process of DAAD-RUFORUM In-Country/In-Region Doctoral Scholarships 2019-2020
All the eligible applicants should submit application form with all supporting documents on or before deadline.
Application Deadline : Expected
As per previous schedule the expected deadline is February 2019, for more details visit official website at https://blog.ruforum.org/