Berklee College of Music is offering applications from Berklee Writing and Composition Scholarship 2019 for entering students to pursue undergraduate course in music, interested and eligible candidates can apply before deadline through https://www.berklee.edu/…….
Berklee Writing and Composition Scholarship 2019 for entering students is also known as Writing and Composition Scholarship which provides scholarships to the students of international arena who are interested to pursue undergraduate course at the Berklee College of Music which is one of the independent contemporary music universities of the world, the applicants who are willing to have their composing and songwriting abilities taken into consideration for scholarship along with the participation of the candidates in the live audition and interview process, the applicants should have knowledge in streaming music, sheets and lyric writing.
The college of music offers undergraduate course to international students who have composing and songwriting abilities and are interested to pursue their education at United States.
Value of award
The amount of scholarship varies for all the candidates depending upon their streams of music, where for entering students, scholarships range from $10,000 per year up to full tuition.
Eligibility criteria for Berklee Writing and Composition Scholarship 2019 for entering students
To be eligible to apply for the scholarship the candidate must possess some necessary requirements such as the applicant must be entering into undergraduate course, to apply for the scholarship the candidate must submit the application to the Berklee college of music for the course required, candidates must submit original materials, arrangements are not accepted, candidate must not have previously submitted a writing and composition application within the last 12 months, the applicants who are enrolled continuing or returning students are not eligible to apply for this scholarship opportunity, and this is not applicable to any Berklee summer programs, Berklee Online courses, or Berklee graduate programs.
Applicants of any nationality are eligible to apply for Berklee Writing and Composition Scholarship 2018 for entering students.
Documents to be submitted
- three separate streaming links of each original song/composition
- Home, live, MIDI, or studio recordings are acceptable.
- Original pieces can be in any style of music.
- Only streaming links are accepted, records wll be from last year
- three accompanying scores/lead sheets reflecting the instrumentation needs for each piece
- notated score/lead sheet, Parts and lyric-only sheets are not accepted
- Compositions must be notated by the applicant
- each score should contain a written melody and chord changes.
- Provide lyrics if the composition requires it.
- All lyrics must have an English translation provided if needed.
- All lyrics must be included in the score/lead sheet with the melody.
Application procedure to apply for Berklee Writing and Composition Scholarship 2019 for entering students
To apply for the scholarship the candidates must create an account in the official website where the applicant should submit all the documents in English language only, by providing descriptions of each role and each piece of instrument, and the candidates should select original material copyright agreement.
The deadlines for the Berklee Writing and Composition Scholarship 2018 for entering students
- Fall (September) semester: November 1 (early deadline)
- Fall (September) semester: January 15 (regular action deadline)
- Spring (January) semester: July 1
- Summer (May) semester: December 1
For further information please visit https://www.berklee.edu/..