African Institute for Mathematical Sciences (AIMS) is offering Postdoctoral Fellowship in Data Science for African Scholars, eligible scholars can apply for AIMS Postdoctoral Fellowship 2018 before deadline at https://www.aims.ac.za…..
AIMS inviting Postdoctoral Fellowship in Data Science for African Scholars tenable period of one year, contingent on satisfactory progress and could be extended for the second year, the African Institute for Mathematical Sciences (AIMS) is a pan-African network of centers of excellence for Postgraduate education, research and outreach in mathematical sciences. Eligible and interested students can apply for the Fellowship on or before deadline.
Nationality: Students from Africa (Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Ivory Coast, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Republic of the Congo, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Western Sahara, Zambia and Zimbabwe)
Research Filed area
- Mathematical methods for data science
- Computational techniques (algorithms) for data science
- Application of data science tools to problems from industry
- HPC implementations and studies of arising scientific computing issues
AIMS Postdoctoral Fellowship 2018 Details
Selected students will get award value in the range of R200 – R240k per annul, tax-free, subject to qualification and experience. Other benefits included the provision of a laptop, coverage of all cost associated with the use of HPC resources, and a conference travel allowance of R 30,000 per annul.
AIMS Postdoctoral Fellowship 2018 – Eligibility Criteria
Applicants should be SADC member state, and applicant should be proficient in English language with good communication skills. A relevant doctorate of high standing and developing research capability which will lead to good publications. Candidate should have a ability to tutor postgraduate students successfully work as part of an interdisciplinary team.
- A covering letter motivating the application
- A comprehensive CV stating research plans in the above or related areas
- Two reference letters from academics familiar with your work
- Statement on citizenship and whether a South African work permit is currently being held
- Other practical information such as earliest date of commencement
- Please note the Fellowship cannot be held concurrently with any supplementary funding.
Application Process of AIMS Postdoctoral Fellowship 2018 to Apply
All the eligible applicants should submit application forms by email to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before deadline.
Application Deadline – expected
The AIMS Postdoctoral Fellowship application registration deadline is February 2018 respectively, for official schedule with complete guidelines visit official website before apply.