TGCL Scholarships 2019 programme Notification is announced by Tanzanian-German Centre For Eastern African Legal Studies (TGCL) for East African Students, Online Application started from October at http://www.tgcl.uni-bayreuth.de…
The candidates from East African Community Partner States are especially invited to submit the TGCL Scholarship application for the postgraduate study programs in law (LLM or Ph.D.). Offered by the Tanzanian-German Centre for Eastern African Legal Studies (TGCL) the course starts in October.
TGCL Scholarships 2019 Online Application Registration date
The deadline for submitting the scholarship online application is set at 17th February 2019 respectively. No application after the given date will be considered eligible.
Not everyone is allowed to apply for the Tanzanian-German Centre For Eastern African Legal Studies scholarship 2019. Students who belong from East African Community Partner States are allowed and considered as applicants, the places under East African Community Partner States are Rwanda, Kenya, Tanzania, South Sudan, Burundi, and Uganda.
Place of course
The students who got an invitation letter from University of Dar es Salaam, Tanzania can grab the opportunity.
Field of study
The field of study in Law.
About the TGCL Scholarships Award
Developed by the corporation of University of Dar es Salaam and the University of Bayreuth in Germany the TGCL is a think tank in the world of East African Community law. They fund the scholarship through the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD). The fund is moderated through the German Federal Foreign Office.
This is a genuine effort to assist the aspiring young East African lawyers and make them qualified to take up the leading positions that are available in the region. This is done by providing the scholarship for Structured LLM and Ph.D. study programs at the University of Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
The LLM candidates need to pursue dissertation program on Regional Integration and East African Community Law along with the coursework. This is a full-time course program. For the Ph.D. students, they require preparing a comprehensive Ph.D. thesis. The time period given for the same is three years.
As a part of the Scholarship program, the TGCL will provide seminars and workshops to the selected candidates. They will be academic research methodology and professional leadership skills. Not only that, they will also get the comprehensive education regarding the subject of German Law and the Law of the European Union. Learning the German language is also a part of the program. Upon successful completion, the students will get Law degree from University of Dar es Salaam. Along with that, they will also receive special certificated from TGCL.
The candidates must be from the East African Community Partner States (i.e. Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, South Sudan, Tanzania, and Uganda).
These are the minimum requirements for the applicants:
- Ph.D. program: an excellent LLM degree from a recognized institution
- LLM program: a Bachelor’s degree in law (LLB) with a minimum GPA of 3.0.
The language or medium of communication is English. Applicants should be fluent in the same. There is no specified number of the awards so the scope is high.
Value of Scholarship by TGCL
The scholarship granted will contain the following.
- Health insurance
- 30 EUR per month housing allowance
- LLM/Ph.D. program tuition fees as set by the university
- 2,400 EUR for Tanzanians and of 3,000 EUR for non-Tanzanians as annual stipend
- Research grant of 460 EUR for LLM and 920 EUR for Ph.D. for one time
Duration of TGCL Scholarship Award
LLM: 1 Year
Ph.D.: 3 Years
Way of application Registration for Tanzanian-German Centre For Eastern African Legal Studies
The applicant needs to register online by using the TGCL website. While registering, one needs to submit the following documents.
- Periods of legal and other relevant education including education, training and practical experience in form of a CV, this should be signed by the applicant. The accepted format is Europass CV template (http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu).
- Letter of motivation in 1 page
- Certified photocopies of birth certificate, school leaving certificates, certificates of legal or other professional education, academic transcripts, provisional results for applicants who are in the final year of their LLB studies. In case the certificates are not in English then the translated versions should always be uploaded.
- Release letter from employer in case you are on a job
- LLM dissertation copy for the Ph.D. applicants
Along with that the hard copies, letters of recommendation, and the printout of the online registration form should be mailed to the following address:
TGCL Scholarships Online Application Registration 2019 Available at http://www.tgcl.uni-bayreuth.de/en/programmes/application/index.html
The Coordinator, TGCL, Dr Benedict T. Mapunda, University of Dar es Salaam School of Law, P.O. Box 35093, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania; phone: +255 22 278 1422; fax: +255 22 278 0217; email: email@example.com.