Online applications are available to apply for short term visiting scholars program at Michigan University for Nigerian scholars 2020-21 Interested and eligible candidates can apply through official website
Nigeria Mission of the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) is providing scholarship for the Nigerian students who want to pursue post graduation from Michigan university, USA. The courses will be taken for credit, and depending on the Nigerian University requirements, which are compulsory for Nigerian degree program. After the allotment of the scholarship where the scholar will be expected to continue research work on their selected topic in addition to the course work.
The scholarships awarded by Nigeria Mission of the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), and implemented jointly by Michigan State University (MSU) and the International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI). The number of scholarships provided by university are five includes 3 Masters, 2 PhD.
Value of award:
The value of the award is the applying candidate should will be given a monthly amount of $1,000 along with travel related costs, lodging and meals. this amount is given 3 months for Masters students whereas 9 months for PhD students
Eligibility and Educational Qualification for Short-Term Visiting Scholars Program at Michigan State University 2020-21
- Candidate must be having good academic and moral standing in their academic institution having the equivalent of a minimum GPA of 3.5 out of 5 or its equivalent.
- Candidate should have good moral values and he should not posses any pending cases over him.
- Applicants must also have a demonstrated interest in an area being studied by researchers working under the Nigeria Agricultural Policy Project, and must be willing to accept the responsibilities attached to participation
The scholarships are open to Nigerian students in the field of agriculture.
Application procedure to apply for short term visiting scholars program at Michigan University for Nigerian scholars 2020-21 :
- curriculum vitae
- A writing sample
- Official Copy of Student’s academic transcripts that are signed by the head of university
- recommendation letters
- A statement from applicant’s primary academic advisor indicating willingness to support the application and any other official advisor.
Applying candidates should attach documents mentioned above along with application form with their copies, the completed form should be sent to the university either by e-mail or by post.
Application deadline : Expected
Mostly online applications are available from the month of February, 2020 for further information please visit http://nssp.ifpri.info