Online applications are available to apply for Nordic Africa Short term Researcher Program 2020 in Sweden, Interested and eligible candidates can apply before deadline at http://nai.uu.se….
The Nordic Africa Institute is providing a short term PhD program along with research in the field of policy-oriented and development research activities. This type of research provides changes in political trends and socio-economic conditions that are prevailing in Africa. In response to challenges that are existing in Africa, the Institute recently launched a forward-looking five-year strategy, which underscores the importance of policy-oriented and development-centered research.
Nordic Africa Institute carries out its functions without compromising on the global scale universal principles and values that rule the intellectual world the well-cherished norms that guide knowledge production and learning process globally including the freedom of enquiry and research.
Award: According to the aim of The Nordic Africa short term research program, it is providing a short term PhD program along with research in the field of policy -orietned and development reserach activities.
Value of the award
For the selected candidate the contract period will be for about six months. Salary is negotiable (that is under the discretion of the institution) within the current levels at the Institute.
Eligibility for Nordic Africa Short term Researcher Program 2020
- PhD degree in social sciences or humanities, interdisciplinary program or a related field (e.g., Development Studies, Law and Development, Natural Resource Management, Gender Studies, Economics, Political Economics, Geography)
- At least five years of relevant experience in interdisciplinary research related to the thematic areas identified by the Institute.
candidate must posses:
- Knowledge of qualitative and quantitative research methods, and data analysis techniques
- At least five years’ experience conducting research on African issues and, related topics, including research for use in policy development
All African countries are eligible to apply for Institution.
- Selection criteria:
- Good analytical skills and evidence of scientific publication are required
- Good command of spoken and written English
- vigorous computer skills, specifically knowledge of data entry, processing and analysis
- Candidate should be able to exhibit strong interpersonal, communication skills and ability to work in a multicultural environment.
Note:Priority will be given to researchers who have expertise in the thematic areas that the institute currently lacks.
Nordic Africa Short term Researcher Program 2020 – How to apply?
An applicant should sent the below documents along with application form:
- Curriculum vitae
- At least two references
- Copies of the applicant’s own publications relating to his/her research.
hard copy of application form along with all the above documents should be sent to the given address in official notification.
Mostly application will be released in the month of February,2020 and interested and eligible candidates can apply before deadline through official website.