Latvian Government, Europe offering Study Scholarships to International students to pursue Under Graduate, Post Graduate, Ph.D programme. Eligible students can apply Latvian Government Study Scholarships before deadline at http://viaa.gov.lv/eng/….
Latvian Government Study Scholarships 2020 inviting for Foreign students, researchers and teaching staff who have successfully completed at least one academic year of studies for studies, research and participation in summer schools. Interested students can get Latvian Government Study Scholarships 2020 details and apply on or before deadline.
Bellow countries students are eligible to apply
Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Finland, France, Georgia, Greece, Hungary, Israel, Italy, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Mexico, Moldova, Mongolia, Peru, Poland, Portugal, South Korea, Tajikistan, The People`s Republic of China, Turkey, Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan or offer scholarships for Latvian students (Austria, Iceland, Slovakia, United States of America, Denmark, Japan, Sweden, Germany, Norway and Switzerland
Latvian Government Study Scholarships 2020 Details
Bachelor and Master Degree students will receive an award amount of 500 EUR per month and Ph.D students will receive an award amount of 670 EUR per month. monthly allowance includes accommodation cost, tuition fee and meals. The host higher education institution provides to limited number of students, holder with a place in a students’ dormitory or a guesthouse. Requests for accommodation at the international student dormitories need be submitted one month before arriving at a respective higher education institution. In any month in which the foreign student is present in the territory of Latvia for less than 15 calendar days no scholarship is provided.
The Europe Scholarships will be applicable to the countries who have signed an Agreement, Applicants from above countries are eligible to the scholarships. Candidates who want to pursue Bachelor Degree, Master Degree or Ph.D courses at Latvian are applicable. Applicants who are successfully completed at least one academic year of studies at home HEI or at a Latvian HEI are eligible. Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements to pursue courses at Latvian.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV).
- Letter of motivation (including activities outside studies related to the study field in Latvia or in the home country)
- Photocopies of diplomas of higher education and supplements or a transcript of records of the last two study semesters (if studies are not completed)
- Copies of two letters of recommendation from academic staff members, signed within the last six months
- A copy of a letter of the relevant Latvian higher education institution, confirming the foreigner’s opportunity to study in the chosen study programme and informing about the language of instruction (Latvian or other EU official language). List of contact persons of Latvian higher education institutions
- Study plan for duration of the scholarship
- A copy of a certificate or other document certifying the language proficiency required for studies
- Copy of an ID (identification document) or a passport.
- All documents, which are not in Latvian or English, shall be translated into Latvian or English
Latvian Government Study Scholarships 2020 – Application Process
Online application forms will be available at the government official website, Applicant has to register their through online process, Successful completion of registration process login details will be available, using login details sign to the account and upload all the above mentioned supporting documents. Apply to Latvian Government Study Scholarships 2020 on or before deadline. If applicants are nominated by a competent authority of their countries – Ministry of Education, Agency for Education etc., they have to contact the authority and send application documents to the authority as well, if required.
April 2020 is the Tentative deadline for application process, before apply visit official website and to get complete details with guidelines at http://viaa.gov.lv/eng/.