DAAD Postgraduate Scholarship 2020 applications for Sub-Saharan African country citizens to pursue MSc studies in Electrical Engineering for Railway Systems at Addis Ababa Institute of Technology (AAiT) application at http://www.daad-ethiopia.org/en/
DAAD information center Ethiopia offering Postgraduate Scholarship for Post Graduation courses who wish to study in Sub-Saharan African country citizens. In-Country/In-Region postgraduate Scholarship Program at Addis Ababa Institute of Technology aims at the development of academically trained Railway specialists who could contribute towards the capacity building of East-Africa. Applicants who meet all requirements will be selected and awarded the scholarship according to their academic status.
DAAD Postgraduate Scholarship Award Benefits
DAAD Postgraduate Scholarships are available for up to a maximum of two years (Master), the scholarship will be initially granted for one year and may be extended upon individual request and receipt of a complete application by using the provided form. The application for renewal has to be submitted at least one month before the scholarship period expires.
Applicant should be Citizens of Sub-Saharan countries, candidate should hold Bachelor’s degree qualification with at least a CGPA of 3.25/4.00 for males and 3.00/4.00 for females (Countries which uses another grading should be converted to 4.00), Applicant should have completed their last degree less than six years ago at the time of application along with that candidate should meet the following eligibility conditions.
- The applicant must have a B.Sc. degree in Electrical Engineering or related fields from an accredited institution at least a CGPA of 3.25/4.00 for males and 2.75/4.00 for females (Countries which uses another grading should be converted to 4.00).
- The applicant should write a personal statement/motivation letter describing the candidate`s interest to join the program.
- The scholar should have two letters of recommendations of advisors/ supervisors from previous educational institutions.
- Female candidates and candidates from less privileged regions or groups, as well as candidates with disabilities, are especially encouraged to apply.
DAAD Postgraduate Scholarship 2020- Supporting Documents
- Filled and signed DAAD Application Form for In-Country/In-Region Scholarships (link to DAAD application form)
- Signed curriculum vitae scanned in PDF please use the Europass CV template (http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu)
- A signed copy of DAAD Information Sheet for Students (link to DAAD information sheet form)
- Certified scanned PDF copies of all university degree certificates
- Certified scanned PDF copies of all university transcripts (for Ethiopians, those who have university transcripts)
- Letter of motivation (Maximum 2 pages)
- Academic reference from senior lecturer and proof of employment if applicable (scanned PDF copy)
- All the above documents should be scanned in PDF in one document. Applicants who submitted separately will not be accepted.
DAAD Postgraduate Scholarship 2020 Application Process
All the eligible applicants shall send documents and CV to e-mail address on or before deadline.
The DAAD information center Ethiopia has announced the application registration deadline is February 2020 respectively, for more and complete details please visit at http://www.daad-ethiopia.org/en/